Friday, October 24, 2008

8

the dream
inside my mouth

who looks like me

visions
the mechanized claws
of jaguar
murder the voice
of my chest
a hurricane of
severed eyes
veins on forearms
two shadows of
crystal
white crystal
white

who looks like me

and you lie
here
your left elbow
a dark elbow
of ants
deceased stars
tearing the sky
of sleepless
dreams

but life
is magnificent
white sunflower

no one
looks like me

dark scorpion
of dark earth
bite my
hands
in your
death
infancy

who looks like me

each time
you said no

only the
rich
understand the
suffrage of mirrors
but millionaires
weep
with their chests
open
golden
foreheads
a branch of wisteria
on icebergs
sunset camel eagle
three sunburned suns
and a glowing multitude
of pigeon undertakers

1 comment:

Hans Ostrom said...

I enjoyed this poem and your blog very much. Good luck with the writing and with '09.